While it’s pretty easy to look up bugs and the corresponding bug-fix for open source projects, you rarely see the process that went into it.
I think it’s in the benefit of everyone that we also share the how, not just the what, because at the worst, you just read something you already knew, but at the best, you learn about new approaches/tools/thinking.
I found some spare time to maintain one of my side projects, Graticule.
After bringing the dependencies up to date, I started testing the new build on some older Android phones that I keep laying around (an approach that has caught more bugs than just limiting myself to emulators).
On one of them, specifically an Alcatel OT 918 (Android 2.3.6 / API 10), the SSL handshake failed.